iPrimio Large Cat Litter Trapper Mat
There are plenty of mats that one can use under or in front of the litter box. They all help keep down the tracking of litter. Without a mat, it seems that the litter spreads even more as it is being kicked around with either the cats in play or even as we shuffle through the home. Where I have mats the mess is less. One box that they don’t use much doesn’t have a mat, due to the problems of tripping it could cause. There is litter on the floor and on top of the furniture that the box is beside.
The quality of the mat for holding in litter can be a big help. If you can easily dump it back in the litter box it can help cut down on the waste. Even if all you plan on doing is just confining it and then dumping it out, so much nicer to have less mess to clean up around the boxes and beyond. Especially if you have short boxes and you got a cat that loves to dig and dig. Had a few that liked to dig like crazy on a few occasions and they would have litter piled up to the side of the box. Since it had 3 high sides, it wasn’t scattered all over the floor.
I use cob litter, it isn’t dusty, and the urine ends up in the bottom of the box. But even with their top entrance boxes, plenty of litter still manages to come out with them. Not a lot of fun stepping on the cob in the middle of the night.
The bigger and deeper the holes in a mat will most likely keep more litter from escaping to where you really don’t want it to go. There seems to be a lot of positive reviews of happy customers that purchased this mat. It comes in brown or black and a few different sizes. So not an exciting colored mat, but function and durability seems much more important.
The Trapper Cat Litter Mat by iPrimio
• Traps litter from cats paws and litter from box. Litter falls through extra large holes.
• They manufactured into their TRAPPER MAT an EXCLUSIVE PLASTIC FILM. It repels urine. Made with an Exclusive Urine/Waterproof Layer.
• Super light weight mat.
• Comes in brown or black and few other sizes.
• For really messy cats be sure to use Puppy Pads as they soak excessive urine – avoid urine around nylon mesh located on perimeter of the mat. This outside nylon border may absorb urine if excessive.
• Super smooth surface for those sensitive cat paws.
• XL Size is 30 inches long x 23 inches wide and 0.5 inches thick.
• EZ Open Edge allows for easy cleaning under sink head, shower head, or shake off.
More on cat boxes, mats, and litter.
Still puzzled about how many litter boxes you really need?
TwoFelines.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Affiliate Program, designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Two Felines. I make a small commission if you shop through this link, without changing what you pay for the products. This helps to feed my cats and keep providing you with valuable information for free. Thank you on behalf of my cats.