Blue Buffalo Freedom Indoor Adult Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
My 2 lovely little Siamese, don’t do dry cat food. Well at least that has been their stand on the subject. Even though the breeder says she doesn’t feed her cats dry cat food, I only assumed it was because they never were offered it. Unfortunately, they really don’t do dry… unless I use trickery to make it happen.
When I brought Lily home I had purchased a few brands of top brand kitten dry food. Nope, didn’t want any part of it. So I put 20 pieces in the bowl and left it there, thinking maybe at some point she would warm up to the aroma and eat some. No such luck. Hours later, still 20 pieces in the bowl. All night long and still 20 pieces in the bowl. Can’t play hold-out, if cats refuse to eat they can get sick and the vet bill to deal with the aftermath is not something I wanted to incur.
Then Lucy came to live with us 6 weeks later. Same reaction. I didn’t feel like giving away perfectly good cat food because of 2 finicky cats. Plan B. Mix a little bit in with their canned cat food, with a bit of water. Sometimes I think they just left the chunks without even trying. Two 5 lb bags of kitten food lasted 10 months. It was a hard sell, but somehow it got into their wet food and eventually they were not leaving any in their bowls.
This is the bag of adult cat food I finally convinced them was edible. I have not bought very many of these bags, as I am still dealing with connoisseurs of cat food cuisine. I put a small handful in the bottom of their lunch bowl with Lysine and top it off with water and wet cat food plus a few bites of chicken thighs that we had previously baked for them.
I had left a container of the dry out for Lucy one time hoping that maybe she might eat it, as she was giving it a try one day. But to my horrors in the morning, there were tiny ants all over the bowl of cat food with a trail from there to my kitchen window. She gave me this look, as to say, “well I would have ate it, but not with the competition.” But it never would have worked out in the end, because Lily didn’t want any part of the dry food.
But I have with previous cats, bought many of the different dry foods from Blue Buffalo. Lots of flavors and many types for what your cat might need, depending on their digestive needs. If your cat isn’t finicky like my kids, and enjoys dry food then this is a great cat food. Some are for weight control, sensitive stomachs, hairball control, skin & coat, etc. Many varieties to keep your cat from being bored with the same old menu. Blue Buffalo foods.
Blue Buffalo Dry Cat Food for Indoor Cats
• Blue Freedom is a healthy, wholesome grain-free dry food formulated to help your cat lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
• Real meat first
• No poultry by-product meals
• Healthy fruits and vegetables
• Supports immune system health – contains essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
• Promotes healthy digestion – high-quality protein and fiber sources.
• Healthy weight management – carefully balanced proteins and fat help maintain an ideal body weight.
• For pet parents who want to feed their furry friend a diet without grains, there’s nothing better than BLUE Freedom. It’s free from the grains and glutens that can trigger allergic reactions in some cats.
• BLUE Freedom is holistically formulated to support the needs of indoor cats. It starts with the carefully balanced calories ingredients to help them maintain a healthy body weight.
• Based in the United States, Blue Buffalo makes premium-quality pet foods featuring real meat, fruit and vegetables.
• Made with the finest natural ingredients, BLUE Freedom features: Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Chicken. Whole carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, blueberries and cranberries. NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, NO corn, wheat or soy and nothing artificial.
More on Cat Foods
TwoFelines.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Affiliate Program, designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Two Felines. I make a small commission if you shop through this link, without changing what you pay for the products. This helps to feed my cats and keep providing you with valuable information for free. Thank you on behalf of my cats.